View Single Post
Old 05-29-2022, 08:38 PM

Alright fellas, I still haven't learned to leave well enough alone.

I monkey'd with the one noisy rocker today, and actually went in the right direction. Then it started doing this. The pushrod is straight, the lifter is working (put my finger on the pushrod and ran it) and whether the rocker is on, off, loose, properly tightened, doesn't matter, doesn't care where the distributor is, it does this. I leaned both carb screws half turn each, I don't think it's actually backfiring. It still makes 55psi cranking and all the other passenger rockers are fine (I didn't feel like fighting the driver's side around the booster to be honest)

Ideas?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=6J2wpu0QJLg

(This is where I really wish Pappaw was still here. He could probably listen to it for half of a second and tell me exactly what's wrong with it)

'68 Camaro SS (454/TH400, possible L78/M22) LeMans Blue, black deluxe interior, black vinyl top. 3.73- mostly Day 2.
'89 Mustang GT- 3.55, subframe connectors, muffler delete, and a couple other minor mods. Exactly as he wanted it, so how it shall stay

Also:
1995 Ford F-150 XL
2004 Dodge Ram Hemi GTX- #192 of 433

Ain't no fun in viewing your car as an 'investment'. Get out there and beat on it!

Last edited by JRC99; 05-29-2022 at 08:45 PM.