View Single Post
Old 01-10-2019, 10:32 AM
Yenko Advertising Member

Thanked 4,576 Times in 1,137 Posts

One would think with the house thread going and Anheuser Busch Clydesdale barn build well underway, along with 10 acres of fence, and two shops to stiiiiiiilllllll get to, that one might not have time to continue on with one's car builds. And, you'd be right.... until I get to the hotel on overnights and have nothing to do except search for parts and car stuff!

I was able to score some brand new tail lights in cast bronze form from 1976! These were made by the BMW 507 car club way back then after they couldn't find any parts for their cars. So, they started making their own! These are cast off originals and are about as NOS as you can get. I also have authentic lenses (red and amber) to go with them. Interestingly, only 507s destined for the US got the dual red lenses. European models got the red and amber.

In other 507 news, I stumbled across an original Becker Mexico AM/FM radio with auto-seeker, along with its original amp and speaker! This will set the dash off perfectly! Pics of mine and a properly restored one.

And finally, the wheel quest. Having searched more for the right wheels, I have a company that will make me a set when the time comes which mimic the steel wheel and hubcap look I'm after. But doing some more searching, found BMW steel wheels that are pretty darn close. I decided against the Rudge knockoffs, and am going with the stock steelies and dog dish caps which I already have. Pic attached of the stock wheel.

Next month is a trip to Sacramento to visit the body manufacturer and get that rolling. More to come as more parts come in!! Now, back to the barn build!

Cheers
Dave
Attached Images

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to A12pilot For This Useful Post:
67 Nova Boy (11-16-2023), markinnaples (01-10-2019), mockingbird812 (01-10-2019), Xplantdad (01-10-2019)