View Single Post
Old 10-31-2017, 01:52 AM

Thanked 3,399 Times in 1,242 Posts

Engine is being built right now with the CE block freshly machined and the crank out being balanced up with rods and pistons this week. I'm running the 12-673-4 Nostalgia 30/30 cam which calls for 1.465 OD double springs. That created a bit of a dilemma since I don't want to cut the spring pockets on original heads, so a quick call to Ed at Trick Flow saved the day. I now have the very first set of the new 186 aluminum heads sitting here in the shop and these are pretty damned sweet to say the least. The original will now be set off to the side and the aluminum heads will go onto the 302 build.

Castings look just like the stock GM heads including the rough cast area and the factory style double humps. Prepped with accessory holes and once painted up in GM orange, these will deliver an extra 40+ hp over stock with nobody really being the wiser. Should have the 302 engine finished up next week and will try and get it fired up and the cam ran in before the weather turns cold up here. More on that real soon. Oh yeah...scooped another nice set of early 15"x4" Cragar's as well. Back out to the shop now to get tires ready for mounting tomorrow.