View Single Post
Old 05-12-2010, 02:32 AM

Default Re: 1968 Yenko Camaro in magazine

Roger, so much for, I will not tell any one! After buying a new 68 at kline chev. in mpls. minn.(yenko camaro)I found myself working there in the mid 70's. On a slow day I asked my boss and good friend, if Icould copy some sales records from past years,He said sure, as it was a fairly common way of propecting for new sales. What I did was pull the 2 box's from storage, and copy all the new camaros sold in 68.I copied over 200 purchase orders and invoices on 68 new camaros, many were big block ss or rs models, converts, and at least over 6 yenko camaros. when my boss saw what I was doing, he became my partner. After many years , hundreds of phone calls , a little over a year ago we found a 68 island teal yenko,that had been sitting sense 1974, last year tag on plate.all stock 46k miles, needed only some paint ,tires,gaskets, fluids. mech. perfect. It's in my partners garage in northern minn, getting the work done.So much for SECRETS!!!!! No I can't share the paperwork,it's only half mine as is the car. Still looking for more in the old copy's. thank's Bob Krueger p.s. if you run the vin# through the state, no results, they have long ago dropped off, as they have not had the year stickers kept up to date and are just sitting. Kline chev is long gone as is there paperwork from the 60's, should have got grossman chevs records from 69, asI could have.