View Single Post
Old 05-10-2019, 04:35 PM
Yenko Advertising Member

Gah. I see a 454SS there too (maybe) in the above photo, a very, very sad photo... Think I'll pass on watching the video...

When Fast & Furious was casting for cars for Tokyo Drift, maybe about 15 years ago they put out a flyer for musclecars - seemed like it'd be a cool show if nothing else and I took mine to the "casting call show" in Gardena I think it was, very cool show and lots of cars showed up. They gave me a contract to sign and I said I'd take a look and let them know, other guys were just signing away... it was a lot of pages, maybe ten or so as I recall and read like a very well written legal contract - turned out to be a rental contract. I got as far as $100 per day (it varied on type of car I think, I recall they offered me about $100) and that they had carte blanche over your car for as long as they wanted and that you gave pretty much all rights, but actual ownership to them for that term - whatever length they wanted (they would let you know). And that they would make repairs at their discretion or pay for damages (as they appraised them) up to an including full value of the car, a value that their appraiser would give... Hard pass.
The Following User Says Thank You to AnthonyS For This Useful Post:
Dave Miller (05-11-2019)