View Single Post
Old 05-20-2019, 06:56 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Hello Gentleman,
Thank you for your advise it is much appreciated. I will take your advise and call Jerry MacNeish before viewing the car.
The pictures of the car where taken at the Pavilions in Scottsdale by me before I knew the current owner would decide to offer the car to me for purchase.
The current owner contacted me as he knew I was looking for a L78 car. He had a sign in front of his car claiming it to be a L78 with the L89 option when I took the pictures at the Pavilions in Scottsdale.
Based on the VIN the car is a December built car and may be a close to 12B (second week of December) build week, when I do the numbers it may have an X code on the trim tag (X22 SS396 / X66 SS396). I feel it's a 12A (no X codes) car from my limited experience in doing the math that I don't really know how to do Haha. But then how did Jerry know its a SS396? It may have an X code. Haha. I also believe it should be a JJ Engine Suffix Code if its a real L78 with the L89 option.
I did happen to meet a gentleman at the Pavilions that is very knowledgeable about Camaros and I do understand he has seen the car out there. I will reach out to him as well and see what he may understand about the car.
I agree with Sean and I have a feeling he is correct.
I've been looking for a L78 for a little bit so I've seen lots of creative advertising and descriptions of cars for sale.
If anyone else wants to add anymore information or knows anything about the car that would be great.
Thank you

Last edited by Maxsg1973; 05-20-2019 at 07:35 PM.