View Single Post
Old 11-17-2020, 01:18 PM

Default thread

Lee, this is the thread I was reading, please advise which answer # on the right answers the question.

In the mean time I did find this other thread and this seems to answer:

WILMASBOYL78
Jan 17th, 14, 07:22 PM
OK...let's start with the "correct" basics.....
The F41 suspension was originally an optional suspension package only available on the 68-72 Nova SS models. Starting in the spring of 1970 the rear sway bar became part of this package. The SS cars all came with the F40 HD suspension... F41 was an upgrade. If you look at the links below from Nova Resource you will see a great explanation of all the features and options regarding the SS model, F40 and the F41 suspension packages.

Now...as far as adding the F41 sway bar to a Nova that didn't have it to begin with...not so easy. If you just want a sway bar, there are several aftermarket choices that will work and actually be better than the factory unit.

The factory installed sway bar had two welded mounting plates that were attached to the underside of the trunk. Those plates are difficult, if not impossible, to find. There were also very specific sway bar links and lower shock/spring plates that were required...plus the very rare rear sway bar itself. The sway bar was very small in diameter...and almost worthless from a performance perspective...but, none the less...they were put there by GM..so we live with it.

One of the reasons the 1970 F41 components are so scarce is due to the Yenko Deuce and the L78 cars...owners doing a concours resto all fight over these parts...a complete F41 suspension package will easily fetch $1,000 on flea-bay or other web sites.

So, now you have the facts...since your BB Nova has an aftermarket differential...I would get a real sway bar and not worry about Chevy's OEM parts.

Wilma

ps...we have an aftermarket sway bar on our 68 BB Nova and it works great....only way to go :hurray:

Last edited by fsc66; 11-17-2020 at 01:26 PM.