View Single Post
Old 02-03-2009, 03:01 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,027 Times in 513 Posts
Default Re: 1969 Yenko Camaro Hugger Orange 4 speed Cash Buyer

Thanks for the reply, Rich. For the record, though I sometimes take issue with the way you present yourself, I've never heard anyone speak poorly about your brokering skills and efforts, and I applaud you for your success in this profession (and I do believe this is your PROFESSION, as much as the people who brokered my house). Your ability to match up significant cars and real buyers without flooring a dealership appears unmatched, at least in the musclecar market. I also will readily concede that you have a great deal more first hand information on how the high end stuff is moving than I do. I appreciate your willingness to share your experiences. I also realize that you have little to gain and much to lose by creating a complete internet blog of all the details of the deals you broker. Good luck to you.

Chuck-I'll take a stab on your COPOclone. Assuming your paint hiccups are dealt with--$30K plus or minus. It looks like some over-the-top clones (512 blocks, 4sp, killer paint) can be had in the $50K range these days. Good luck to you as well. (I think the Microsoft people will have their hands full buying toys from the Washington Mutual folks that are packing up. Maybe some Starbucks folks as well.)