View Single Post
Old 11-27-2018, 09:24 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanks Wade and Bentley. Yes, possibly overthinking this but very wise advice; I sent the original owner a letter probably 5 years ago, enclosing photos of the car as I bought it. I hoped he would get in touch but as I'm not in the USA, couldn't enclose a reply-paid envelope. So not sure if he got the letter and wasn't interested in any contact, or if he had already moved across the country and the letter was never received.
I think my biggest concern is how a person would react to feeling they've been hunted down via the internet and cold-called in their home..... nowadays privacy is not what it once was.
Another consideration is the time of day to phone, over here business marketing callers often call in the evenings and it drives me crazy, disturbing family meal times; is there any particular times it's considered ok to phone if not family/friends?

BTW great story on the Model A Bentley! Interestingly, the 'A-bone' was built locally here too, down in Victoria; quite a few still survive due to the climate, and my in-laws recall running one on the family sheep farm well into the 70's.
Ran at Lions Dragstrip and Pomona Raceway, with paint by Bob Kovacs of Fresno.

Last edited by ZLP955; 11-27-2018 at 09:30 AM.