View Single Post
Old 09-16-2009, 02:15 AM

Default Re: RogerD's 1969 Dick Harrell Chevelle

I pulled the heater cover on the engine firewall side to determine if the VIN numbers were stamped there and found the last 8 digits of VIN were there indeed, upside down as expected!

Regarding updates (from the DHPC site) - for the most part, I'm on my own now . . .
My sincere THANKS to Valerie for her efforts to find details on my 69 Dick Harrell Chevelle. If only I could turn back the clock about 40 years to have snapped a few pictures and perhaps press Mr. Fieden for a few copies of the related documents that day at Bill Allen Chevrolet . . .

Most of the details are etched into my memory so the restoration process will not be exceedingly difficult. Fortunately, period components are readily available to replace those missing components (engine, transmission, rear end, seats) that were removed so many years ago. It won't be possible to do a matching numbers restoration but restoration with the same function, fit and form components is a 'can do' . . .

Valerie, at your convenience may I kindly ask that you return the notarized documents loaned at your request to DHPC, please?

Quote:
VIA DHPC Site:
Hello Roger!

We have searched the Dick Harrell Performance Center files and are unable to come up with any Dick Harrell Performance Center (DHPC) or GM documentation regarding your specific vehicle. This does not mean, however, that your car did not receive some sort of attention at the DHPC since our files are not 100% complete. It appears that you have a very unique Chevelle and you also have an impressive amount of documentation. As in most cases, the ultimate document to find is the GM shipping invoice that went to the dealer that lists all of the options. I regret that we are unable to provide any more information regarding your vehicle. If, in the future, we are able to find anything we will be glad to share it with you. You are to be congratulated on your perseverance and dedication in locating and documenting the car. Good luck with your restoration….

Valerie Harrell
Attached Images

Last edited by RogerD; 10-26-2020 at 09:00 PM.