View Single Post
Old 10-27-2016, 07:10 PM
Yenko Advertising Member

Thanked 4,576 Times in 1,137 Posts
Default Re: "The Beater Bee" becomes "The Better Bee"

Thanks, guys!!!! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img] The last few days have been exhausting! I did notice that the stocks in my 401K that relate to masking tape and masking plastic have soard due to my buying spree these past few days. I know....I can't believe I have those in my portfolio too [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/hmmm.gif[/img]. I try to invest seasonally, too. I buy pumpkins in August and sell in October. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif[/img] It's a win-win all around. Where was I? Oh yeah, speaking of pumpkins.....here's my Great One!!!! First step was to mask off the exterior and undercarriage in preps for spraying the interior, engine bay, and trunk.

To add some autheticity to the paint job, I hung the fender tag from the steering column support and dusted it with the base coat only. All A12 cars were built at the Lynch Road plant and this, unlike at the other plants, was how the tag was painted. As an example, a St. Louis car would have the tag screwed into the inner fender with on edge bent up. Paint was applied to the tag and then it was bent back and fastened with the other screw. As a result, the tag has a bend on one edge, one screw is painted and the other unpainted. Lynch Road cars had the tag hung inside the car so some got paint, some got a dusting, depending on the painter that day. As a rule, they are all unbent and the screws are both natural. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img] [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif[/img]

Cheers [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img]