View Single Post
Old 01-03-2023, 09:04 PM

The GTO was supposedly crashed by a teenager in 71 and totaled

It was ordered just like the Stephen Pontiac 68 lightweight seam seal sound deadener delete (steohens paid extra for a guy to walk w the cars to make sure they didn’t get anything but needed that would add weight) . , radio and heater delete probably through Tim nell I know that’s who stephens worked with they discuss it (working w Tom ) in the 71 rodder and super stock article. . I talk w bill Eckstrom and Tom Mc innis of stephens a bit because I grew up near the dealership they haven’t talked since about 73 so I can cross stories between them to make sure it’s not blurred memories. Lol it’s been a long time and there were quite a few cars. It’s interesting how the listing for this 68 sounds so much like the Stephens’s car, and the 68 69 race birds I’ve looked into are so similar as well, clearly were being told how to order these cars
My bird was similar but had to have the heater for defrost by law in 69.

Most of the info I got was in the early 90s from these guys it’s a little harder for them to remember now but I wrote it all down as I learned it back then .

Last edited by turbo69bird; 01-03-2023 at 09:17 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to turbo69bird For This Useful Post:
markinnaples (01-05-2023), PeteLeathersac (01-03-2023), Tracker1 (02-18-2023)