View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011, 04:32 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: Trunk mounted battery

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: [email protected]</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dan,knowing that some of you guys were not around then or new to the hobby is why I was just pointing out that the way it was done in the old days is how Joel, Paul the Plowman and or most of us did things back then. Cheap, a somewhat jury rigged job BUT functional. Nothing trick and not alot of store bought stuff. Homemade and to the point. Don't think my statements need to be debated here. And YOU know personally that I would never knowingly steer any of you guys wrong. </div></div>

This^^^

Also, look at many magazine feature cars of the 1970's and for the most part they were ROUGH. Dirty undercarriages, dirty engine bays, rough workmanship.

Look at the early Motion photos. The workmanship was wanting in some cases. In one pic they painted the traction bars while on the car and white overspray was all over the rear end and springs but this is how things were done back then and were probably the same with other dealer built cars as well.