Thread: LS-6 camshaft
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2013, 01:56 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: LS-6 camshaft

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chevy454</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COPO PETE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i would get the blueprinted version from Crane.

the cam is all done at about 62-6500rpm straight up. Retarding the cam 4-6 degrees will allow you to buzz it 7000-7200. The cam is a proven piece of art. Has a smooth idol when the engine warms up. it would work well on the street, and well on the strip. </div></div>
^ What he said. Go with the crane version, the pure stock guys have done the research over the past 2+ decades now after trying everyone else's flavor yet the crane remains the gold standard. And I wouldnt worry too much about the gear, it idles fine and has plenty of beans down low, the converter is more important...that cam has gone deeeeep into the 11s through exhaust manifolds and on polyglass tires so it can't be too bad. </div></div>

That is the sound I'd like at idle. How is the vacuum -- power brakes OK, etc.?