View Single Post
Old 07-30-2022, 01:09 AM

Default 69 Yenko Camaro - Engine Coolant Leak

All - I acquired the Jim Pearse restored 69 Yenko Camaro a few months ago. It is a stunning car and he did a phenomenal job on the restoration several years back. I've grown tired of all of my cars just sitting in the garage and I'm making an effort to run all of them in my neighborhood 1-2 times a month. Nothing radical...just letting the cars get fresh air and time for the juices to flow. I got back with the Yenko this evening and coolant was steadily coming down the back side of the engine block. I'm guessing it is originating from a head gasket.

I love and collect old muscle cars, but simply put, I don't have the skillset to turn wrenches. I'm on the west coast of Florida in the Bradenton/Sarasota area and I'm having a hell of a time finding anyone I would trust to work on any of my cars. Do any of you know of any reputable mechanics or restoration shops in Florida? In addition to the Yenko, I've got a mixed bag of late 60's and early 70's muscle cars and I'm just trying to find someone within a 100-200 mile radius of my house that knows what they are doing.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations anyone might have.
The Following User Says Thank You to TarheelRyan For This Useful Post:
Xplantdad (08-01-2022)
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...