View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 07:04 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsixman View Post
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outlaw68Nova</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bigsixman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The swap was after delivery, but not very long as I remember the details.The original L-34 motor is something I have no memory of at all as to what was done with it after the swap. Auran Chevrolet (Jim Ryan) in Minot ND had a customer (Darrel Hadberg) that did the same swap with a madera maroon 66 SS396 chevelle. The car was lettered with the dealership on the doors and raced in 1966-7. </div></div>

Bigsixman, I think his name was Darrel Elberg not Darrel Hadberg. He was an employee of Auran Chevrolet. He had a lot of hi performance cars!!! He loved Chevelles. He also had ordered a L78 Nova SS and many more L78's. Thx&amp;#128512; </div></div>

Outlaw68Nova, It very well may have been Elberg, the memory goes pretty foggy after 50 years. The Minot area was a good car town because of the Minot AFB and those young airmen liked nice cars.

Is Darrel still around the Minot area? He should be a wealth of information regarding the 60s Chevrolet muscle cars. My friend has one or more pictures of the lettered up 66 chevelle that he raced back when new.

PM sent