View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 01:40 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: Leaf Springs with Ladder Bars

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JoeG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm with you Sam on this one.....and the...Drag shocks.are a.great option!!

Granted the Ladder Bars look cool...but eventually you're gonna rip or crack something in the rear.if you run the car hard...and you are eventually have to fishplate the chasisis for reinforcement
If you're gonna just tool around town and shows and hit the gas now and again...at least you'll minimize any damage or wear
Anyway..good luck.
. </div></div>

You nailed it JoeG! I'm going for the cool factor - slapper bars are fine, but nothing looks as serious as a full on set of Ladder Bars, [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]

We don't plan to run the car hard, just want the look - loved that Nova model back in the day, and once got my doors blown off by a Harvest Gold '70 Nova with a 396, 4 hitter... and the view: tailights, chrome diff cover and ladder bars! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif[/img] This was around '86 or so, in Bensalem, PA.

My Nova could not hang that day, no matter how chrome my slapper bars were:

Later pic: paint, bigger engine, better tires = still no match for that H.Gold BB w/ Ladder Bars:

67 RS Camaro-327/250hp, 2speed Glide, &amp; 3.08 Open (Danny's Ride)