View Single Post
Old 06-07-2019, 07:58 PM

I just wanted to update the information on this car. I have just got off the phone with the original owner Frank Hartle Jr. He is the original owner who bought the car new in 1969 from Norwood. He has also informed me that the car that I own was originally an L89 (aluminum head) chevelle from the factory.

He recently commented on Patrick Glenn Nichols Burnished Brown L89 find. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyaCFS1j1Ig

Frank Hartle Jr.
2 weeks ago
"Unbelievable! I’m 72 and in1969 I bought an identical car down to the color from Norwood Chevrolet in Providence RI. They were the Yenko of the Northeast. On the showroom floor was this car plus a station wagon with a 427 and a Camaro with a L88 427. Being newly married I thought the Chevelle made more sense. Sure. I was 22 and making big money as an commercial aircraft mechanic. The salesman explained that the Chevelle had what he called a taxi cab body. No power anything, cardboard door panels, and no carpet just rubber mat. Once I signed for it they took it to the service department and put El Camino front coils in, ladder bars and air bags under it, and electric fuel pump. Of course all that was rolled into the financing. Some weeks I made more money street racing with that car than at work. I won’t go into why I gave that car up except to say I handed my Man Card over to the wife. Thanks for the flashback Patrick."

SO EXCITED!!!! What a great weekend!
The Following User Says Thank You to bbl78 For This Useful Post:
PeteLeathersac (06-07-2019)