Thread: Opportunist?
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2023, 04:58 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMagda View Post
Wow, tough crowd here. Parker is trying to build a YouTube channel. I like his videos. He reports on many different types of cars but seems to gravitate towards first gen Camaros. He seems to be about 99% accurate with the info he provides. Needs to polish his delivery a bit but he is getting better. Nice to see a younger guy interested in first gens. I think his channel and parting/flipping are his main job. Why would you call him a clown? Or a scammer? You want to see real clowns, check the Facebook first gen forums.
I was giving this Parker guy the benefit of the doubt that he was truly trying to learn to do the right thing with his YouTube channel on these classics but after watching a few videos I'm in the, Yep "he's a clown/scammer" camp now!
A viewer asks "Why did you skip over the cowl tag?...Did I miss something?...or is the cowl tag missing? Parkers response "Trim tag wasn't on the car and its hard to explain what isn't there... Most of the time you find a Camaro in the wild, cowl tag is gone... Also.. fuel lines have been removed due to the car being raced.. I tried to provide real world knowledge that I use in a junkyard daily to figure out what cars are.." Then he says "This car didn’t have one like most project Camaros, and you can fake/get remade to anything you want for 200$" Then one of the viewers says "Fake tags are illegal. Most experts can spot a fake tag . Without original drive train and paperwork its just a 69 Camaro"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZzRqNmBpJI