View Single Post
Old 03-18-2021, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS427 View Post
I would love to know what exact springs people are using to get them to sit correctly. As of late we have had nothing but trouble getting these cars to sit down where people like to see them. I have 4 cars in the shop and all 4 sit at this height. ALL have original assembly line springs in them on all 4 corners. Two of them still had the tags on them when they came in as well as original assembly line shocks but sit high. I have tried several different Moog springs and am now onto trying Eaton springs. We have also done all the math with the vendors to try and resolve it and have a TON of money in both labor and spring cost and have not been able to get them to sit right. Been doing this for 40 plus years and these last 4 cars are killing me.
I am the opposite. I have a 70 Elky,454 factory air. When I bought it, it sat way to low. Ordered Elgin springs, supposed for my application, barely raised it an 1 1/2. It is still to low for my taste, I like the front end to sit higher. Not a gasser look, but a little higher than the norm.
What are the springs and #'s you used to get the higher look?
First pic is with springs when I got it, second after Elgin installed. Has repro 15" wheels. It is now 27" from the ground to the wheel well lip.

LS-5 Registry
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DougA For This Useful Post:
69b5bee (03-18-2021), PeteLeathersac (03-18-2021)