View Single Post
Old 07-08-2019, 11:40 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by COPO View Post
Wow, that one is certainly a bit crusty. It does have a lot of signs of being a COPO with the BB heater core and single 3/8" fuel line. I would suggest pulling the heater core and checking the date code to help determine if it is original to the car. As mentioned the rectangular traction bars are '71 or later.
It also has the bow tie badging as well as the cowl induction harness. It definitely has the appearance of a COPO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COPO View Post
No documented COPOs that I am aware of from Baldwin and as I recall at one of the SCR's that Marty Schorr, and Joel Rosen attended many years ago they mentioned the 427 COPO program wasn't known to Baldwin Chev.

Certainly an interesting find.
I have only seen one pic of a Motion car that appeared to be a COPO but it wasn’t yellow and was without style trim.

The pics are from an article in Hi Performance CARS (November 1969) featuring the installation of the Hone OD. It was a 427, auto on the column, 4:56 rear. The article says owner Marc Cohen drove it back to his home in Ohio from New York, and referred to it as a Phase III car. It doesn't really say if it was a Baldwin purchased car or if he brought it in to be Phase III tuned.
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GotGrunt For This Useful Post:
PeteLeathersac (07-08-2019), x Baldwin Motion (08-22-2019)