View Single Post
Old 09-13-2021, 07:31 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Apache "Warpath" article

Quote:
Originally Posted by olredalert View Post
----I may be wrong but I believe Warpath is the very 1st 41 foot Apache, which isn't mentioned and is famous just for that alone. As Lee and I know well there are several Apache's in the local area of Lake Saint Clair. Later in Apache history they stretched the 41 hull out to a whopping 47 feet. If you google Apache 47 Kemosabe you will see the ultimate 47. I believe, right now, it has 3 1100hp engines and is capable of speeds well over 100mph. Then there is Allez Vite, a 41 with a fantastic race history. There is a really cool video on Utube shot from a helicopter off of Key West in a race. Look it up as it will blow you away!
----I got my feet wet (no pun intended) working in sales at Donzi in 1971-72 on 188th street in north Miami. 188th street was the center of the universe back then for serious ocean racers. What a period of time. I was so lucky. Apache was just down and across the street from Donzi which was also right next to Magnum, all three started by the same icon, Don Aranow......Bill S
I remember back in the early 90's I met the crew of Allez Vite when they used Tower Marine in Saugatuck Michigan as their base camp when they tested and competed in a Chicago to Grand haven and then back to Chicago race. If I remember correctly Allez Vite means "Go Faster" in French and they won the race. Bill
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Big Block Bill For This Useful Post:
dykstra (09-14-2021), olredalert (12-22-2022)