View Single Post
Old 03-31-2022, 01:40 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,396 Times in 758 Posts

Reading the broadcast sheet I found an interesting code near the end: It said:

"Special Scheduling Condition VII"

There's some interesting threads on what that internal code means on the interwebs.

1) Some bigwig in the company heirarchy somewhere pushed my order through, (doubtful) or
2) Maybe they are scheduling them in color batches because of a shortage of a certain other paint colors, or
3) They just happened to notice that they had all the parts for my low-option car and decided to rush build it the moment they noticed the supply was there...before someone grabbed the parts for a different car that was in missing component limbo.

And it seams that people are really starting to freak out over the stop order on any new orders for the Hellcats, Redeyes and Superstock widebody models. Dodge has so many unfilled existing orders outstanding, it could be that they were afraid they won't be able to finish them in time for the end of the 2022 model year. Just a few months back, Dodge cancelled hundreds of 2021 orders in December 2021 that they did not allow to be transferred to 2022s because they altered the model configurations by introducing the more expensive JailBreak model and then decontenting the standard Redeye Widebody to no stripe options, wheel options, or interior options. And the Jailbreaks are also limited to two allocations per dealer, but that didn't stop hundreds of other dealers from putting in unallocated orders and hoping Dodge would pick them up later. (which is not happening)

Last edited by njsteve; 03-31-2022 at 01:58 AM.