View Single Post
Old 10-14-2021, 12:30 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 1,762 Times in 742 Posts

After bailing on the line replacement twice and realizing the flare/splice deal wasn't for me I decided that the only thing preventing me from replacing the entire line was the one clip attached to the top of the frame above the lower control arm mount - also right where the muffler resides. If I could deal with this then the whole thing would work. I was able to take a small Dremel-like cut off wheel and slice the end of the clip and pry it apart enough to remove the line. Not perfectly ideal but much better than having a line with a splice in it. In addition I didn't butcher the old clip so it will still work, albeit with an open end now. I also had to cut off the hard line connection to the rear flex hose as it was not budging. After that the old line came right out. Fishing the new line back in is was a bit of a challenge but doable. Again, being on my back vs. a lift I wasn't doing myself any favors. One piece of advice - leave the new line loose until the connection to the rear line and front distribution valve are made. I now need to make the line connections to the distribution valve, tighten the 2 bolts holding he valve to the frame and re-install the line clips before I bleed everything.
Attached Images

Dykstra Motorsports

Last edited by RPOLS3; 10-14-2021 at 06:01 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to RPOLS3 For This Useful Post:
dykstra (10-15-2021)