View Single Post
Old 04-22-2019, 03:58 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,556 Times in 1,175 Posts

This is the PTO disc in a two stage clutch off a Japanese built tractor.

Pushing the clutch pedal down halfway disengages the main drive clutch. Pushing the rest of the way down disengages this second clutch for the PTO.

I loaned the tractor out last year. It was used to dig 55 post holes with the gin pole auger attachment. Guessing he burned up my secondary clutch. When I got it back, it had a new left rear tire on it, and the clutch linkage had bee adjusted way out. I think what happened was this disc had come apart and some parts were piling on top of others, taking up the slack, making it difficult to disengage the main clutch. Parts would move around, causing it to sometimes fail to disengage. Other times it would work flawlessly. The other disc looks almost new.

This was my first time splitting a tractor. Everyone seems to make a big deal out of it. I will tell you, it is a lot easier than pulling an engine out of a car.

Anyway, will post more pics when I get a chance. Really funny looking clutch set up.

BTW, anyone know if this hub can be rebuilt? Can they use this hub and rivet on new attaching fingers (or whatever they are called... don't know the correct terminology... I just know they are spring steel and have a slight bevel to them)?

Having a hard time finding a replacement.