View Single Post
Old 12-23-2021, 12:12 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 4,491 Times in 1,247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenney View Post
Tiemann, Apple & Tree - MCACN 1 ...
There should be a non-descript black '65 GTO floating around in the background of that pic somewhere.

I'll never forgive you guys for your "signage" at that event.

That was the first indoor show I had ever done. I asked before I loaded up if you were bringing anything extravagant.

"Naw" you said. "Just the sign board that Scott has".

All of you had those painted lucite display boards (color coordinated) done up. Bill Schultz had a whole wall! of vintage photos and articles and memorabilia (you can see the back side of it in the photo below).

I had nothing.

I ran to the hotel, typed up and printed a little 8.5 x 11 paper describing the history of the car and stuck that under the windshield wiper. I took the Holmstrom/Newhardt "GTO" book (which I had with me to get autographed) and laid that on the hood, opened to the couple pages of my car.

That was it.

I learned my lesson that day, I'll tell ya.

It was funny monitoring the internet for reports of the show as they breathlessly came in. "OMG! They had the Car and Driver GTO, and a Beswick car, and the Ram Air V GTO, and one of the Thom McCan giveaway cars!"

"Oh - and a black '65."

'74 Chevelle - original owner, 9.85 @ 136 mph best

Last edited by Keith Seymore; 12-23-2021 at 12:38 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Keith Seymore For This Useful Post:
Tenney (12-23-2021)