View Single Post
Old 05-02-2018, 01:11 AM
Yenko Advertising Member

Thanked 4,576 Times in 1,137 Posts

Not in the least! It's all part of the process. each step adds to the"rolled of the line" look and is fun to replicate.

Happy to report the Stang roared to life! The original 390 belched and gulped, then grumbled and screamed ready to take on some streets of San Fran! Eric... that carb was tuned perfectly!! Thank you so much!! I prefilled the bowls and it fired right up. A syringe is the ticket for that and we just happened to have an extra one laying around from when we had to feed the newborn kitty. I'm pretty sure it was the cat formula that made it fire up so fast based on how crazy our cat is today!

And of course, the brand new start solenoid took a dump right after I shut it down after the cam break in.... But fear not! New one on hand and ill post up a video tomorrow! How'd I figure that out? Simple.... key off.... car still runs Pulled the coil wire off to stop the car running. When I hooked the battery back up, I tested the poles on the solenoid and low and behold, the "I" (ignition) terminal was getting volts. So that contact fused in the solenoid itself. Good times.

So tomorrow I'll put the new one in and fire it up again! Woohoo! Two parts left: Radio and Steering wheel (getting leather wrapped) and here's the heat shield and s-tube for the air cleaner ready to go in.

More to come.....

Cheers
Dave
Attached Images

Last edited by A12pilot; 05-02-2018 at 09:46 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to A12pilot For This Useful Post:
VintageMusclecar (05-02-2018)