View Single Post
Old 01-02-2020, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCam View Post
Very nice colors on this one. I wonder if it coughs and pops through those stock exhaust manifolds with a smog system and crossram on it. It would be needing headers in a big way. I'll have to watch Friday's auctions with so many Z's going up.
I had one in here a couple years ago for some tuning. Very nicely done fathom green Z. They can be made to run very well if you get intimate with the carbs. Out of the box they kind of suck. They need idle feed circuit mods and a couple other things.

Yes Friday will be a day to watch with 10 69 Z's on the block. This one has a lot going for it. RS, nice colors, cross ram, and pretty nice restoration. If it's everything it looks to be it should bring good money. I watched a cortez silver Z a couple years ago that was converted to RS status, nice restoration with a few issues, sell for $140k and I couldn't believe it. William and I talked about that car, he may remember. May have been the only RS Z that year at auction and wasn't born that way. Prices may be a little softer right now but still wouldn't surprise me to see this one push close to 6 figures.
I like it and wouldn't kick it out of the garage, but I'd rather have the blue with white gut 69 COPO that is also going off on Friday.