View Single Post
Old 04-04-2021, 03:23 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,968 Times in 1,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapsMaro View Post
Hey, so I’m the grandson of the owner for the car in the original pictures. It was bought it barnesville at bobs. 427 4 speed lemans blue, I have the original title, it’s just as sad to me that it’s been sitting. I’m going to try to restore or as one said rebody it. I’m not sure the best route to take yet about moving the car. I really don’t have the means to lift it so I may just take piece by piece. Would love any advice and help anyone could offer. Thanks in advance.

You will need a trailer with a winch or a rollback truck to SLOOOOOWLY pull it out of the ground. If the body is as rusted as the stories indicate, it could pull apart. It's going to be a slow process with lots of digging to eliminate any unnecessary resistance to remove it in one piece.
As for the restoration, a 1 piece repro shell is probably going to be needed. To rebuild it with donor/aftermarket parts, will cost a fortune. It will be great to save it, but it's too far gone to ever consider it a survivor or restoration.

If I were closer, I would be glad to help, as I have the means to get it out of the ground, but I'm 800 miles away...
These other guys that have offered, should be able to do the same extraction.
I wish you the best with getting this "home" and starting the rebuild.
1967 Camaro ss/rs
1938 Business coupe, street rod
2000 FXSTS, original owner, 13k miles