View Single Post
Old 07-22-2017, 01:49 PM

It is hard for me to think that a Body in White is a rare piece since I have one. We know of at least 4 Bodies in White. Pete said they built very few cars off non production cars. As time goes on information is harder to get. Gary Drenk said the car was bought through the Grump, owner 2 backed that up and added it was the 3rd or 4th car built, which is consistent with what Pete has told me several times. Pete said that if the car has ties to The Grump it would have gone through Dick Whitman. That is where the problem lies now. They have passed and any of that information is gone. I am lucky that someone from Chicago gave me a huge lead and things went quickly. I am waiting on Gary to scan build pics of the car. He has pics of the body being dipped. My car has been continuously been raced since new, it has had changes and upgrades. So it is not as first built, but enough is still original to know who built it. Along the way I have learned about some interesting dealings and ties these guys had to illegal money. These guys were not a squeaky clean as history makes them out to be. Even the Grump was no angel. I met Bill when we did the Nostalgia races as well as most of the legends. I am glad to have this little piece of history