View Single Post
Old 07-16-2020, 10:16 PM
Yenko Advertising Member

Thanked 4,576 Times in 1,137 Posts

Well, into all life some rain must fall. Every silver lining has a touch of gray. For every D cup there's an A cup.

In other words, paint part deux is on the way! Yes, while it is probably the flattest paint I've ever shot with no runs, sags, drips or mottling on the color, there's 5.7 bugs per square inch and it's simply not acceptable to me.

I rushed into the paint and sprayed at night since during the day it's been 100+ here. That was the first mistake. The second mistake was living in central Texas where all the bugs are not only bigger, but minuscule as well. This coupled with a combined total of 64,000 LED lumens equaled a bug fest bug fest not seen since the last Democratic National Convention!

So with that, out came the DA with 320 then 400 and everything got sanded flat again. Eeeeevvvryyyy bug is out and it'll be a masking fest not seen since the Elizabethian era! A quick shot of base to even things out and then clear should be all it needs. This time I'm painting in the early morning which I should have done the first time. The temp will be down and no bugs. Luckily I had to do this exact same thing on this 1970 Charger that I painted about 10 years ago. Way happier the second time!

Steve was very understanding and even offered to pay for the additional materials. But, no deal. This is my screw up and as such, my responsibility to fix it at my cost, not his. I mean, ALL shops do that, right?

So Dos Paintos Purpolous over the weekend. Then reassembly begins!

See? I'm so stupid I even post my mistakes!

Cheers
Dave
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to A12pilot For This Useful Post:
big gear head (07-17-2020), Xplantdad (07-16-2020)