View Single Post
Old 02-05-2023, 03:48 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,556 Times in 1,175 Posts

Reason I am posting:

I was reminded this morning how important a security system will be once I get some expensive things in there. I have talked about the Shorts (B.D. Short and his father) who own Shorts Auto Repair here in Guthrie. Before they owned the building, it was Austin Chevrolet. We have at least one member whose car was purchased new in Austin Chevrolet. The elder Mr. Short worked at Austin starting in 1955 and stayed working (on a limited basis) with his son until he passed about a year ago.

B.D. rents our a small warehouse for storage. It is about two blocks from my shop, but MUCH less visible. The one thing I have going for the shop is that it is very well lit on all sides, AND there is a dive bar right across the street so someone is always coming and going at night.

Well, the damn thieves broke into B.D.’s warehouse and stole multiple vehicles (including his father’s cherry 62 Chevy) and tons of equipment. There are some security cameras in the area (BD had none) and the local constabulary is reviewing footage. Hoping something comes up.