View Single Post
Old 05-10-2018, 12:49 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,523 Times in 1,149 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLP955 View Post
I know this divides car communities, but personally I really can't see why any reproduction documentation is acceptable, in any circumstances; your car either has (genuine) original docs, or it doesn't.
Because they're nice conversation pieces at gatherings like car shows & cruises.They should be used for display purposes only & not to validate a vehicle.I display a repro window sticker on the passenger side of my Chevelles' windshield,and it draws people over to talk.We're all getting older,and todays generation is clueless what these things cost back then.They like to see what was an extra cost option,and what was not.
Also,it's hard to see the specific transmission callout or the ratio of the rear end on a car sitting still,but they can on a window sticker,as well as the Horsepower of the engine in some cases,and the dealership it was sold at too.
Repro docs help to understand the car better,and should always be disclosed as repro.
Like I said earlier,tear them up the day you sell the vehicle so it can't come back to haunt you later.Let the new buyer order a new repop from Paul.Overall it just helps explain the car better & makes it all come together,which in turn draws people together.
Attached Images

Last edited by Mr70; 05-10-2018 at 03:11 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mr70 For This Useful Post:
billj (05-11-2018), HawkX66 (05-10-2018), kwhizz (05-10-2018), markinnaples (05-10-2018)