View Single Post
Old 05-30-2018, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69SSL89 View Post
This is gonna be an awesome car
I noticed you titled your response “Ratty Rod”. I would like to take this opportunity to assure folks that this car is not going to be the cliche , “ Rat Rod”. A generic name that encompasses a lot of artistic creations, but usually has no theme related to true hot ridding, traditional hot rods, or race/muscle cars. In addition, the term Rat Rod, can be an insulting description of a car that is cobbled, unsafe, has booger welds, and questionable engineering.

In no matter or way do I intend to portray, build, emmulate, or replicate a car that could be termed a “rat rod”. Although the name is commonly misused and attributed to any car lacking a quality paint job, and I am sure someone will give this car that moniker at some point. I would qualify this build to be, more so, a faux “ barn find”, another overused word I detest. Think of this car as a street heavy brawler, with speed equipment no newer than 72-3, perhaps built by a guy drafted to Nam. He puts the car away and the same car is finally resurrected in 2018. In 1972 I was 11 years old. I was still playing with my “Hot Wheels.” This will be a grown up Hot Wheels.

69 SS/RS 396 M20 X22 Nor 12B,72B,712 bought 1979
FULL OWNER HISTORY
69 Dick Harrell tribute Day II 427 M20 4.10 X11 76 orig pnt, 711
67 Super Stock 302 Camaro re-creation

Last edited by bbbentley; 05-30-2018 at 03:57 PM.