View Single Post
Old 05-14-2020, 01:25 PM

Thanked 1,042 Times in 331 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copo_Cartel View Post
Long overdue....No way a roundy round car that has ZERO originality should compete with restored cars. I can think of 3 cars that were way more deserving last year and had the pedigree/originality to set them apart from a car that had an all white interior, engine compartment, and undercarriage. Hopefully going forward you won’t compare apples to oranges. Just my .02 cent opinion.
Point taken; however....

We will be separating period correct but modified cars from the factory stock cars for consideration of the Platinum Pick and Emerald awards effective immediately, as it is indeed trying to compare apples to oranges.

This category is specific to ONLY factory stock cars.

So with that being said, perhaps you did not take a close look at the "roundy round" car that took top honors. It was indeed restored with period correct parts throughout to the absolute highest standards. Consider trying to find a set of period correct tires, hoses, clamps, wheels, etc etc for a car that was campaigned by an independent as a modified race car back in 1969, duplicating the way it was built for the track.

Sorry you feel that way Doug, as your car is certainly among the finest restored Yenko's in existence, but in this case we stand by the call.

This is one of the reasons I do not like the concept of 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc, as there is far too much that is subjective. Bottom line is that either car, and as you stated several others, were deserving of the award, but only one can rise to the top.

Perhaps you would like to apply to participate in this new format? As with our other categories, (Concours, Concours Day 2, Super Street) it does not pit car vs car, but will be judged for each individual car on its on merit.

Thanks;

Bashton
www.mcacn.com

Last edited by bashton; 05-14-2020 at 01:27 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to bashton For This Useful Post:
RST (05-17-2020)