View Single Post
Old 12-28-2015, 12:17 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: Ryan Weaver's 1969 Olds Cutlass S W31 Club Coupe

Thanks Dave.

I am researching this item thoroughly, and want a really fun street clutch with the ability to drag race occasionally. So far 10 spline Hays Street/Strip is the one most recommended but 10.5 or 11 inch is still up in the air.

The stock bell housing is on the engine right now, but I agree that rotating mechanical mass is a hazard.

I will get one for the PSMCDR drivetrain for sure. USED would be fine with me, I won't have to certify the car and there is not even a requirement to have the SFI approved scatter shield bell housing in pure stock.

"Manual Transmissions

The transmission must be correct for year, make, model and engine of the car. 3-speed manuals may be upgraded to the correct 4-speed if originally available. Aftermarket H-pattern shifters are allowed if no modifications to the floorpan are necessary. Line locks are not allowed. Scattershields are okay. No conversions from column-shift to floor shift allowed unless available as a factory option. Aluminum flywheels are NOT allowed."

If anyone has a USED one similar to this one for sale at Summit send me a PM.

http://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/la...ype/muncie-m-21

Ryan

PS: Noticed this rule that I might as well prepare for as well

From the PSMCDR Website....."Driveshaft safety loops are mandatory on all cars 13.99 and faster! I like the style that doesn't require holes to be drilled in the floor:-)

1969 Beaumont 350 Auto White Sold
1969 Beaumont 307 Auto Green Sold
1969 Chevelle SS 396-L35 Auto Blue Sold
1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass 'S' Sports Coupe W31