View Single Post
Old 12-13-2020, 11:52 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Help with day 2 goals

Hello to all, I am in the midst of a mostly day 2 restoration of my 68 L78 Camaro. Brief history, car sold new in Tulsa, OK, orig motor long gone. My brother trailered original paint car along with owner history to Jerry M's residence, had it documented. I've got a CE 4 bolt block, machine work done, Scat stroker crank & rods, 077 alum heads, factory intake, carb and air cleaner. Problem is I live in Kansas, 100 degree plus days are common, will drive car a lot and a/c is mandatory. I don't want to spoil underhood looks, so my plan was to tuck a condenser tight to front of radiator, run hoses along bottom of rad support to right front fender, use a small Vintage Air under dash unit and install a trunk mounted electric compressor. My biggest issue is that the current draw will far exceed alternator output. I see a number of high output alternators available, and was wondering if anyone here has experience with any of them. I have a restamp 837 alternator that obviously is not up to the task. I don't really care if the alternator I use has correct numbers on it, but want one that is era correct style. Any suggestions on vendors? Thanks, Tom
The Following User Says Thank You to Rallyegreen68SS For This Useful Post:
whitetop (12-14-2020)
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...