View Single Post
Old 03-11-2006, 10:31 AM

Default Re: March 2006 Feature Car

Rob,

Thanks for selecting my car on the sites monthly feature. I also want to thank your dad, and the SYC for helping me display "Little Hoss", at its natural home, on the track.

So far, I have been able to run in chronological order;
St.Louis (with Herb for its debut in 2001 at the reunion) Beradstown (on the way home in 2001)
Wentzville (now closed) in 2002 at the reunion (first meet of the 1968 Championship season)
Cordova (1968 Eliminator Champ) in 2003 for the 50th Anniversaary (thanks to Doug Herzog)
Whitehall (a neat 1/8 miler on the way to St. Louis)
The 2003 reunion with the #1 ZL1 in 2003 at St. Louis (the first time the 2 cars had ever been at a track together) Kansas City International in 2005, thanks to Harry Kalwei.

I really have to thank, however, Helen Gibb and her two daughters, Nancy and Connie, and Herb Fox for my desire to bring "Little Hoss" back to it's former glory, a drag racing World Championship Stocker. I met Helen and the girls in 1999. I just had to get my car looking like it did in 1968. The excitement among the people in LaHarpe, Illinois is unbelievable when celebrating the Fred Gibb Chevrolet racing heritage. Helen explained to me that "Little Hoss" was their "fun car". I can only imagine how fun it must have been in 1967 and 1968, when Fred, Herb and Dick first met, and were starting a legacy that would be written about and remembered to this day. I just love reading about and seeing the other cars that were created by these friendships. Their owners are just great people!

I must admit, owning this car has been very fun, with alot of excitement occurring in my old veins when I get together with all the friends I have met over the last 6 years.

I have many, many, positive memories that have been created since 1999, I will cherish forever. I have met some new friends, and am grateful for the opportunity of sharing this piece of Chevrolet racing history with those willing to remember the past.