View Single Post
Old 03-26-2003, 02:46 PM

Default Re: Question for the march feature car

That "one and only COPO on the planet" story is not true. I have a copy of the body sheet on that car. Heath's car is not a solo "one and only" car. But definitely it, as well as another(mine), and some more were 68 COPO 9737 Camaros. Beyond the 9737 COPO in 68, there is great controversy over whether 427's were also COPO in 1968. Jim Mattison gave some input on this subject which has thoroughly been discussed in past threads.

All 68 sYc Camaro's ordered were in groups of 4 Camaros per Vince Emme. Vince has what he describes as onion skin sheet copies of the 68 sYc Camaro orders Yenko placed to Chevrolet. Vince also has a solo order onion skin document of my 68 Yenko which is the only car on the sheet, which to me is a "one and only". My 68 was ordered as a "Special Order Drag Car" which is typewritten on the order invoice from Yenko to Chevrolet. I have the strong belief my 68 Yenko is the "one and only" 68 pilot/prototype 427 Camaro due to it being a solo order typed out as "Special Order Drag Car".