View Single Post
Old 05-19-2020, 01:25 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,556 Times in 1,175 Posts
Default 3923289 DZ Carb, dated 902

902 = Second week of Oct. 1969. Perfect for a very late Z/28 or L78 car.

I took this off a running car about a year and a half ago.

I believe it is complete. Correct metering blocks (sorry for the blurry pic on the 5583 block).

No excessive play in the throttle shafts. No cracks in the base plate.

I have not disassembled it to check for correct jets, PV etc. Car was a modified 302 with angle plug heads, etc.

Even the choke pull-off works, and still holds vacuum.

No big dings scrapes etc. Good candidate for a restoration. Eric could make this one look like jewelry.

At some point someone put a stud in the bottom of the throttle linkage (there was already a hole there) for an auto kick down cable. I am certain it can be removed, but I did not want to mess with it. After it was screwed in, it looks like it was peened from the back side, so you would need to drill it out to remove it without damage.

$500 plus the ride.

To my Canadian friends: I KNOW you really despise the duty. I get it. It is bad enough you take it in the shorts on the exchange rate. According to my calculations, looks like the total duty fees on a $500 car part are about $161.24 CDN, or about $114 U.S. I will split the duty fees with you.

I just don't feel right marking this as a gift. Besides, I am still practicing law. Technically, if I help you defraud the Canadian Gov out of the duty, I am committing a crime that could put my license in jeapordy. It just isn't worth it to me. Besides, it just isn't right. I always taught my kids that you don't need any reason to do the right thing.
Just do it if it is the right thing. If you don't like the law, lobby to get it changed for hobby purposes.

Not trying to be high and mighty here. But, I don't cheat on my U.S. taxes (even though I vehemently disagree with some of the tax laws). I can't see any justification for cheating your government either. I hope you understand.
Attached Images

scuncio (05-19-2020), ZLP955 (05-19-2020)
Attachments - The Supercar Registry pass.side.jpg pass.side.2.jpg driver.side.jpg datecode.jpg
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...