View Single Post
Old 05-03-2015, 05:37 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,556 Times in 1,175 Posts
Default OKC Cars & Coffee, May 2015

Sherri & I decided to take our two newest (to us) cars to Cars & Coffee yesterday. Probably 400 cars showed. We got there before 8 am and had to park in the back lot. Like most of these, there are lots of poorly done cars, but there were some stellar examples out yesterday. In particular, the red 57 is probably the straightest 57 I have ever seen.. and it gets driven. Every one says this, but I promise you the pics do NOT do this car justice. The 64 Malibu was absolutely perfect.

Unbelievably, I didn't take any pics of Sherri's new car. CL600 TTV12 Mercedes, which is a torque monster. Same engine they used in the Maybach, rated at 543 HP. It is in the back ground of the engine shot of the early 409 car. I do have some pics and can post them later.

The old British limo is our Vanden Plas Princess. It is a really cool car that is cosmetically well done, but in need of serious mechanical help. On the way home, the carb started running very rich, causing a backfire in the exhaust, then smoothed out for about 10 miles, then started running rich again. Back fired so much it blew out the side of the muffler, so I guess I will be going through that Stromberg later today. My guess is either a stuck power valve or piece of trash in the needle and seat. Anyway, old 1 barrels are usually pretty simple.

Attached Images

Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...