View Single Post
Old 11-27-2020, 09:36 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,401 Times in 758 Posts

More finagling around today. I stripped all the upholstery off the rear bench seat cushions. Now there's a few hundred broken hog rings flung all over the basement. That was some nasty foam, burlap and stuffing there. And lots of mouse poops. I was surrounded by all three of cats at one point or another during the afternoon while they supervised my work. I guess they smell the mice residue.

I ordered the full rear bench installation kit from Legendary. Thay had it in stock and it is supposed to ship out monday. Sure is expesnive but it does have all the needed material: raw cotten, burlap, muslin, foam, etc., in one kit. They were having a 20% off sale today, too.

I tried to get the fuel gauge to work. The gauge itself works. When I pulled the blue lead wire off the sending unit and grounded it, the gauge immediately moved toward full. So it looks like a bad sending unit. I ordered another one from Rockauto and it should be here next week. Of course I had filled the tank completely already so I will have to siphon it all back out again and then loosen one muffler to get to the side mounted sending unit.
Attached Images

Last edited by njsteve; 11-27-2020 at 09:39 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to njsteve For This Useful Post:
big gear head (11-27-2020)