Thread: Swap Meet Fun
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2004, 06:22 AM

Default Re: Swap Meet Fun

You never know what you can find at a flea market too?

This weekend I bought a 7" rally with the original silver paint on it for $2.50. "K17 1 15FV" date code. I got the guy to take 1/2 price because the tire on it had steel cords showing.

I also found a Corvette distributor for $50. Tach gears were good. '72 LT-1 number. Two Dual line holly float bowls for $1 each. One has the 50 cc pump on it.

Then I got a huge set of hold down bolts and nuts and the wooden blocks that hold them that go in the groves of my Bridgport Vertical mill. There was some tooling in it too. One turned out that it fit the quick change head on my Lathe and it was one that I did not have. Internal boring bar on one end and a cutting tool on the other.

I am sure that each of them cost good money. The guy had got all of them at a auction. I couldn't beleive my eyes. I have needed the proper hold down bolts (I don't know what the proper name of them is) I gave $50 for everything. By the time I got back to pick it up with the car he said he had 4 higher offers and finally had to cover it up with a blanket to keep people from bugging him about it. This was 5 boxes full of very heavy stuff. I was sweating big time by the time I carried it into the back of the shop.

I am glad that I have bought lots of stuff off Don over the years and he would not sell it out from under me. he also sold me a gas pump for $200 last year.

Sorry I just had to brag a little. the point that I want to make is that it makes no mater wether it is a Auto swapmeet or a Flea market if you know what to look for and get there early you just never know what you will find.

Pantera
73 Pantera
69 Vette B/P SCCA