View Single Post
Old 08-07-2018, 02:35 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Well.... I’ve been trying to keep up the assembly pace on my personal 73 with your project but you are working just too darn hard and fast… Here’s a few comments / questions:

Wheels: My car is a 02A build date. The wheels are K-1-3 2 “valve stem” 1 AU, except one is a K-1-3 1 “valve stem” 22 AU. The odd thing is all my wheels are painted black inside as well as on the back side (original paint), except the one wheel with the earlier date code is painted gray on the inside and back side. Maybe this happened to be a transition date for changing from gray to black at the wheel factory?

Chrome: Just got my parts back from the chrome shop (ouch – you don’t want to know the $$$ on that) and they look incredible! They don’t have the over shiny chrome effect of reproduction chrome parts. Not sure what layers they used but I am very pleased. Even the inside of the bumpers are lovely. The inside of the back bumper had numbers stamped in it repeated over and over. Looked pretty neat once the plating was done… P.S. Chrome is difficult to take pictures of...

Roof rail moldings: Your recent picture shows the vertical roof rail weatherstrip retainers, but it doesn’t look like it has the second trim piece on the car that wraps over the edge of the body (see my pics)? Do you not have those items or am I just not seeing this correctly?

Keep up the great work and posting of all your progress! Your efforts are really motivating me to get mine done in the near future!

Charlie
Attached Images