View Single Post
Old 01-18-2023, 09:47 PM
SCR Sponsor

Thanked 3,151 Times in 916 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Many Projects View Post
NO KIDDING !! The word "amazing" got worn out in my vocabulary 10 years ago after watching a few Bachelor shows, but it certainly fits with this topic.
Tim, a number of the brass towers for the springs appear to be cut off. Are they still long enough to function properly ?

Are you going to keep points or go electronic ?

If points did he have any suggestion for high rpm use in there ?

Yeah, I know, too damn many questions....I'll shut up and wait...
I'm going to wait for John to get back to me. I have ordered a set of HD Ford Y block points for the time being. After reading up on a few different retrofit dist pick up's, not all of them will fire an MSD box. I bought this car for the first time back in 2013. Having said that, it's safe to say the points are at least 10 years old. In my GM distributors, I have had luck with a fresh set of points taking 7000 RPM.

On a different note (and to give credit to John at Roto-Faze), I could send the distributor back into them to have it worked over. They have a distributor machine that will turn 9000 RPM (so 4500 dist RPM) to ensure I wouldn't struggle with point bounce. BUT, they are in need of a part for it, so it's out service right now. I'll keep that idea in my back pocket.

I have the same observations about the towers for the advance springs. I'll chat with John when he gets back to me with the dist specs.

Tim
The Following User Says Thank You to napa68 For This Useful Post:
Too Many Projects (01-19-2023)