View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 06:28 PM

Default Re: December '04 Feature Car

To add to my previous reply,as the 1st owner of the dec. 04 feature car. I looked over all 6 yenko camaros that Jay Kline chev, had in 68.all had the same options and same price,except for color. ralley green, or light blue.no fiberglass rear trunklid or spoiler. All had the nostrils open on hood,all had the ss emblems on front grill and gas cap. the other thing Inotice on all 68 restoreations is the yenko badges on front fenders are located to low and a little to far right on the top of the camaro emblem. Also all 6 camaros at kline chev had black plastic 3 spokesteering wheels,with ss emblem in center. Not the wood one on the dec. 04 car which is incorrect. I at one time in my 36 years in the auto bussines worked at kline chev, in the late 70,s, got to know the owners son who gave me a chance to copy sales records from 68.Istarted going over these 4 years ago After many months on the phone with the state dept. of transportation and on the computer, tracking all the 6 yenkos they sold that year,(one was the one I bought that left 5) I finaly found one of the light blue ones, by pure luck. and bought it last year. can any one tell me the name of this color or paint code,asit was not on purchase order? The car had remained in minnesota all this time or I never wuold have found it, what I found out about the other 4 cars is it appears they were junked after bad accidents some with fatalities.(no surprise every 19 year needs one right?)I did. some help with the paint,I have seen one other car that color on this site Thanks BobKrueger