View Single Post
Old 10-21-2020, 04:17 PM

Still working on the car but lots of what I'm doing is slow and not exciting work.
1)The water pump hub studs had to be changed out for longer ones. The nuts only grabbed a thread or two on what had been in there.
2)Whoever installed the new engine wiring harness didn't know what they were doing and put the wire terminal sealer on the wrong side - "gunked-up" the connection with the fuse panel.
3)I had three different size (lengths) of mounting cushions for the radiator. Only one was right for a BB 4-core.
4)Battery cables were a mile to long.
5)Parking light assemblies were bad so I ordered two new ones. Drivers side fit but I had to modify the passenger side. On this car there is a different spacing for the mounting holes drilled in the bumper, but the new replacement lights were equally spaced.
6)I got a new power steering pump from a local auto parts store and it didn't fit because it was a 'Type II" pump. Ordered a new pump from a Chevelle supply place but it didn't fit either because the tube for the return line went on was located in the back of the pump housing. I finally ordered one for a 1969 Camaro - brackets I have are also for a 1969 Camaro - and everything fit up nice.

It just seems like everything is a mess that I need to fix - even when ordering new parts that are supposed to fit.

But the car is looking a lot neater as I continue to try and get things straightened out. Hopefully I will get to drive the car before long as I got a license tag renewal in the mail a couple of weeks ago and still have not had a good ride.
The Following User Says Thank You to TomN For This Useful Post:
cruiserofland (10-22-2020)