Thread: Laaaaaaand HO!!
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2018, 12:58 PM
Yenko Advertising Member

Thanked 4,576 Times in 1,137 Posts

In continuing on with the Rancho-del-Molnario documentary, saga, and reality show, last week saw two major milestones: an RV on property and an 80% completed wellhouse structure up! While Kelly was out mowing the pastures, I grabbed my sketched out plans and set forth to build my wellhouse/lawn shed. After numerous trips to the hardware store to get stuff I didn't need but bought anyway, the last trip finally put the stuff I needed in the first place in the bed of the truck! So I was off and running once I got home. Then it rained, and rained..... and rained. But when the sun came out, I set out to build the wellhousiest wellhouse around!

Now, the idear here is to follow building codes, put stuff 16" on center, make stuff level, and square up edges. But that's easy. I mean, then stuff fits correctly on the first go. What's really challenging is having to cut every piece individually since nothing lines up, isn't remotely level, and square? HA! Yeah....square. Anywho, doing that easily adds another few days to the build. And we all have extra free time and most importantly, love gambling with the fact that you've avoided personal injury so far that surely the longer the build goes on with point things the less chance there will be to get scraped/cut/bruised/slashed/bashed.... right? RIGHT

Moving on, you'll notice that the foundation was built around the well and tank. All of that will be moved over to the section that's floored once they install the filters/ softeners and then I'll come back and finish off the open section. That part will also be covered and insulated for the winter. We get freezes here, but it doesn't last like Northern climates do. So as long as it's insulated, no heater necessary.

The final result is a base structure that's in primer awaiting the final exterior trim, windows, paint, and stone. I'll be doing a metal roof too. More to come with such memorable moments as "What was that old saying? Measure once, cut until it fits? " and "5/16ths is about half of a half, right? "

Cheers
Dave
Attached Images