View Single Post
Old 06-20-2006, 05:15 AM

Thanked 5,346 Times in 1,875 Posts
Default Re: Ok guys.. I have some super bad news.. Please help

Ed,

I am truly sorry to hear this.

I first met Larry at BJ2005. He was there with one of his buddies from Tulsa. We hung out for a while and then he went to talk to George (who had the gold Baldwin Motion Vette going across the block that year)

I met Larry again last year at SCR8. On Friday afternoon, he introduced me to Kim Howie and to Ray Morrison (As I didn't have a clue who anybody was) Ray, Larry and I talked for a few hours out in the parking lot until Charley Lillard came up and informed us that the Banquet was about to start! I had planned to go to the hotel and change into more appropriate clothing...but while talking to these two great guys...I lost all track of time. I was forced to wear the "Charley Lillard" shirt to the dinner...

Charley was even nice enough to give Ray, Larry and I a ride across the parking lot in his rental car (Charley didn't need to use his GPS that time. )

I will remember the enjoyment that I had talking to Larry and I will truly miss him. He was a genuine good guy...and I am honored for having known him.

Thanks for the memories

Rest in peace Larry
The Following User Says Thank You to Xplantdad For This Useful Post:
PeteLeathersac (03-28-2023)