View Single Post
Old 09-15-2005, 04:21 PM

Default Re: September '05 Feature Car

Dave, I remember this car and John D. I worked for RADAR for 8 years. He was a close freind of mine and my mentor, he un fortunately died about 5 yrs ago. I remember when John D brought the engine into Radar's shop and how particular they were about it.I distinctly remember how cautious Radar was in determining that the engine was original and virgin, witch he confirmmed with 100% certainty.Besides RADAR's mechanical genuis, he was also a comidian, he told me that (your engine) was worth more than the house i live in(he was probably right).Radars shop was originally owned by K&G speed(you may remember the K&G frantic fueler and frantic ford nitro cars owned by Jim Fox who also worked with us), we did work for many div1 racers and some proffesional racers such as Grumpy Jenkins and Jungle Jim. In fact RADAR was the one of the last ppl to see Jungle alive. John D used to work with local legend Vince matea, They were proffesional racers from the 60's and 70's and damn good mechanics. I cant believe John D sold the car. I thought he would be burried in it.If need a statement from me contact me at www.beezerbuilt.com . That car was one of the rarest and nicest cars I have ever seen in its originality, I used to work for 442 restorers "B&P" auto in ardmore and know how hard it is to find a car that is that clean, I havent seen the car for 5 years but hope it is in the same shape.